Ed Dixon was a player in both Basketball and Softball, having a successful career in both. In 1926 Ed was part of the Collegiate O.B.A. Juvenile Champions. From 1927-28, Ed played on a team which was sponsored by the St. Catharines Rowing Club, and the following 1928-29 season was then self-sponsored. In 1930 Ed’s basketball team won both the Ontario and Eastern Canada Intermediate Championships, but then lost the Ontario Sr. Championship. Ed Dixon is the last survivor of the first Sr. team to lose in the Canadian Sr. Championship Finals. In 1931, Ed’s team was able to successfully eliminate both Toronto and Montreal in the playoffs, but then lost the two game total point final to the Vancouver team (36-33). Dixon’s softball career was played on the highly successful Grads team, alongside Hal Keehl.
- St. Catharines Rowing Club Sponsored Basketball Team Player 1927-28
- Self Sponsored Basketball Team 1928-29
- St. Catharines Grads Softball Team
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Collegiate O.B.A. Juvenile Champions 1926
- Ontario and Eastern Canada Intermediate Championships 1930
- St. Catharines Sports Hall of Fame 1995